- June 2017: ITiCSE 2017, University of Bologna, Italy.
- September 2017: Emerging Topics in Computing Symposium, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY.
Intelligence, BDI Architectures, Robotics, Cognitive Science, Computational
Linguistics, Science of Information, Data Analysis and Visualization, AI Education, Evolutionary Computation, Programming
Paradigms, Computer uses in Education.
- Associate Director for Education & Diversity, Center for Science of Information
Program Committee: ACM ITiCSE 2017 (Bologna, Italy), ACM SIGCSE 2018 (Baltimore, MD).
My ACM Inroads Columns:
- A Maniacal Search for Truth in Comics, ACM Inroads Magazine, March 2010. [PDF]
- Language Wars & False Dichotomies, ACM Inroads Magazine, September 2010. [PDF]
- Top Secret Rosies, ACM Inroads Magazine, March 2011. [PDF]
- Ready for a Third peak? ACM Inroads Magazine, September 2011. [PDF]
- Taking Stock. ACM Inroads Magazine, March 2012. [PDF]
- Data Science Overtakes Computer Science? ACM Inroads Magazine, September 2012. [PDF]
- 2012: Celebrating Alan Turing Year. ACM Inroads Magazine, March 2013. [PDF]
- The Changing, Not Evolving, Pedagiogy of CS1. ACM Inroads Magazine, September 2013. [PDF]
- Digital Playgrounds for Early Computing Education. ACM Inroads Magazine, March 2014. [PDF]
- Disrupting the Cultural Capital of Brogrammers. ACM Inroads Magazine, September 2014 [PDF]
- Mind the Gap. ACM Inroads Magazine, March 2016. [PDF]
- Postcards from the UK: CS for all. ACM Inroads Magazine, September 2016. [PDF]
- The Language of Computing. ACM Inroads Magazine, March 2017. [PDF]
- TL;DR "Best Practices" of Student Learning (And How to Bust Them), To appear.
My ACM Intelligence Magazine
(Formerly, SIGART Bulletin)
learning for the (CS) Masses, Clare B. Congdon, Summer 2001.
AI, Spring 2001.
Much Programming? What Kind?, January 2001.
and Social Implications of AI: Stories and Plays, Richard G.
Epstein, Fall 2000.
- Teaching "New
AI", Rolf Feifer, Summer 2000.
AI, Richard Wyatt, Spring 2000.
AI Education Repository, ACM Intelligence, January 2000.
Introductory AI, ACM Intelligence, Winter 1999.
New Life for AI Artifacts, ACM Intelligence, Summer 1999.
Dimensions of Game Playing, ACM
Intelligence, Spring 1999.
New Synthesis, ACM SIGART Bulletin, Winter 1998.
Competitions as Class Projects, Lisa Meeden and Douglas Blank
(Guest Contributors), ACM SIGART Bulletin, Fall199.
about Embedded Agents, ACM SIGART Bulletin, , Summer 1998.
Installment, ACM SIGART Bulletin, Fall 1997.